Monday, December 6, 2010

Documenting the journey of making over my life

I've been unhappy with my body for years.  Considered everything from Medifast diets to weight loss surgery, nothing has EVER gotten me hooked.  I've never found something that just had me hooked.  Something that I didn't go into the class feeling like that odd kid in PE class that never got picked for someones team.  Something that I could block out everyone else, work hard, get feedback and see results.  So, I gave up a long time ago.  I really did, completely gave up  Thought that the only way I would ever get to a healthy weight was to have weight reduction surgery and perhaps some plastic surgery afterwards.

This year has been rough.  I was laid off February 5th, promptly met a guy that quickly stole my heart and broke it just as quickly.  Became absorbed into being the caretaker of an alcoholic, I soon became confronted about how little I was actually doing to take care of myself and why it was so easy to take care of someone else instead of myself.

So, on September 21st I took a introductory Pilates class at a private studio.  I really enjoyed the lesson and was surprised at how good I felt afterward and was shocked to find that I was not sore at all.  On October the 5th I enrolled in a Introductory series at a larger studio that is closer to my house.  To date, I have been to 16 classes and have committed to 4 more months of membership.

The results are amazing.  My body is changing and rapidly and considering where I started at - I am excited to document this process and take photos.  I've not found much online about what Pilates can do for someone when they are starting from the same point that I am.  So, here is my attempt to do something about it.  I don't have a ton of photos at my absolute heaviest, mainly because i was embarrassed - but I've got some.

Starting Point:  September 21, 2010
Highest Weight:  308
Current Weight:  274








Today - with little to no adjustment in my eating.  No concentrated effort to stay away from anything that I enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment