Friday, April 1, 2011

A busy March powered by Pilates & Zija

March turned out to be a pretty productive month in the grand scheme of things.  I managed to drag myself to 21 classes and 1 jump-board class (which thoroughly kicked my ass, but was fun).  My body has shifted around quite a bit, a lot of exercises are becoming easier but I know I have a long way to go til I can chill out a bit and take things easy.  Fortunately I feel like a million bucks and feel more centered and balanced than I have in..ever.  Current weight:  261, total weight loss:  49 pounds.



I'm moving this weekend, just for a few months.  I'll be spending the Summer at a friends house on Lake Washington, commuting to the International District for at least the next 6-8 weeks and moving back to my pad on Boren by August 1st.  I'm lucky that this contract job is in a location that makes it super convenient for me to attend Pilates classes on my way to/from work.  Right now I'm deciding if I should increase my cardio by just parking by my current apartment (still have RPZ pass) and then walking the 1.4 miles to the job.  Hmm...

I put on a swimsuit yesterday for the first time in months.  It was loose on me and I will be needing to replace that before the Summer starts.  I find myself absolutely putting off shopping for smaller clothes.  Went to Lane Bryant Tuesday so I could get some pants that were interview worthy and could only make myself buy one pair of plain black slacks.  Other things were there and cute, but I feel like if I start buying clothes they will just be thrown away or donated by June.

One thing that I haven't mentioned again is the Zija...this stuff has been the best compliment to my change of routine and my weight-loss and overall attempt at getting healthier.  I actually became a distributor for the product last month because so many people were asking me about what I was doing to loose weight.  I keep saying "Pilates and Zija, Pilates and Zija" when they ask.  To date I've had 3 friends get on Zija and FIVE people that I know have begun Pilates lessons - including my Mom.  I guess when you are on fire people notice it and want to tap into it. Nutritionally, I am so satiated that I'm rarely hungry.  When do find myself really hungry I notice that I'm not just one big ball of cravings bouncing around.  I am able to sit back and make a pre-planned decision about what to eat.  Those uncontrollable urges (which I swear were like an addict craving a hit) are gone and while I still do indulge - it's just not all the time anymore. 

If anyone is interested in Zija visit:


http://missemily.myzija.com




In other news, my 4 month membership with Vitality expires SUNDAY!  I signed a year contract but it starts back up on 4/19 (my birthday!).  Until then I will be using another Living Social thing that I bought a while back ($30 for 10 reformer classes) and...walking...to and from this new job.

One last thing....the latest progress shot featuring the blue dress from earlier posts... Wish I would have taken more full body shots at the beginning...

4 comments:

  1. I like the pic with you in silhouette. Curvy girl!

    Funny I end up here tonight. Just got done talking to hubby, who has a phone interview with Amazon, as they are scouting for software peops. I don't know if Seattle would suit me (healthwise and otherwise, and it seems more expensive than Miami...and rainier...and not enough sun!), but well, I told him might as well interview and we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you come here you are *so* coming with me to Vitality! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog tonight. I too am plus-sized Pilates lover. So glad I'm not the only one! Looking forward to reading all of your blog this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Georgia!
    Thanks for taking a look. :)

    ReplyDelete