Sunday, January 30, 2011

36 Classes, time for some private lessons!

So here I am, 36 classes in!  I feel strong, look good and hold myself better.  Right now I find myself with a checklist of items that I am trying to accomplish so that I can move on to "multi level" classes.  This list is from the ladies at Vitality Pilates and it includes:

Skill Set & Concepts:

Mechanics of Pilates equipment
Clean-up of Pilates equipment and props
Imprinted Spine
Pilates Ribcage Breathing
Familiarity with the core muscle
Familiarity with the Shoulder Girdle
Understand the principles of Muscle Isolation
Understand the principles of Joint Isolation

Exercises:

Breathing
Pelvic Tile
Balance Point
Roll-up
Plank
Hundred
Stomach Series:  Single Leg Stretch
Stomach Series:  Double Leg Stretch
Stomach Series:  Scissor Kicks
Stomach Series:  Lower Leg Lift
Stomach Series:  Criss-Cross
Teaser
Sternum Imprint
Swan
Pull Straps
Stomach Massage
Elephant
Down Stretch
Mermaid


I've done all of these, but I am now working on getting instructors to sign off on this.  Besides the introductory classes that I've been taking they also host jump-board classes (cardio) and other multi-level classes. Having more scheduling opportunities open up to me would be great.  I don't think I'm ready to be in multi-level classes full-time, but I'd like to begin to incorporate them into my regimen.

Tomorrow night at 7:15pm I have a private lesson with Adena, my FAVORITE instructor.  This is a follow up to another private lesson that I had on Saturday with Beth at Soma Pilates in Redmond where I used the barrel for the first time.  THAT was interesting.  Tomorrow night I'd like to work on the upside down push-up and the short and long spine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment