Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year and New Energy

Tonight I find myself mulling over a lot of things.  What I want for 2011 and what I want to leave behind in 2010.

2010 has been such a strange, strange year.  In a lot of ways I have relaxed, let down my hair and have partied quite a bit (part of having an alcoholic around me).  This is my rationale for not going out and having a wild ass time tonight, I'm gearing down and not up.  It's time to get back to reality, time to focus and move forward with life - not tread water.  This is the first time that I can remember that my focus for the New Year has not revolved around weight loss.  As it stands, I have managed to lose weight throughout the Holiday season - just by my constant involvement in Pilates.  No, 2011 is about living a good and healthy life - not stressing out about how big my backside is.

This year I want him out, gone - from my life and from my day to day existence.  I'm tired of worry.  I want someone else to do it.  I want him to attach himself like a vice to some other woman, someone good that will watch out for him for a few months while I decompress and get some distance.  I want to be a memory, not a crutch.  

My Pilates studio has been closed since right before Christmas and I am really, really ready to get back to my classes.  I'll enjoy New Years Day and then on Saturday will be back in a class. 

I also want to eat healthier, drink healthier and stay away from the bad stuff.  I want to make an effort to stay away from GMO's this year.  I want organic produce delivery.

Also, today I was handed something called "Moringa" (zija), a dietary supplement "super drink" which is supposed to be nutritionally dense and an aid in weight loss.  I am going to start the year off right by enjoying these every morning, beginning tomorrow.  Will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment